BRAND NEW LOCATION – BIGGER AND BETTER!
Each year Milton Heights Racing Club hosts an Annual Ski & Snowboard Swap. This MHRC Swap is organized to help fund our not-for-profit programs at our club based at Glen Eden and over the years our swap has grown to be one of the biggest in Ontario!
If you have either new or used ski and snowboard equipment that you would like to sell or if you are looking for good deals on new or used equipment, the swap is where you want to be!
- When: Friday to Sunday – November 3, 4 and 5th, 2017
- Where: Glen Eden – Visitor Center – 5234 Kelso Road, Milton, Ontario L9E 0C6
From Highway 401, take Highway 25 north to 5 Sideroad (also known as Campbellville Road); go west to Tremaine Road. Go south until you reach Kelso Road. Turn right to park entrance. Follow the road way through the park (Past the Learning Centre, Rentals, Halton Region Museum in to the West Parking Lot).
From Highway 5, take Tremaine Road north to Steeles Ave at the roundabout, take the second exit to Steeles Ave West. Turn Right at Tremain Road North, then left on to Kelso Road. Follow the road way through the park (Past the Learning Centre, Rentals, Halton Region Museum in to the West Parking Lot).
Main Gate 43.509, -79.941
WIN!!! a FREE FAMILY SEASON’S PASS for the Glen Eden SKI and Snowboard Centre for the current Season. Ballots available at the Swap. Draw will be held on Sunday at 8:00PM.
ALSO!!! For every $250 spent on merchandise at this year’s SKI SWAP, purchasers will receive a “buy-one-get-one-free” lift ticket coupon for the Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre.
- Only valid for current ski and snowboard season
- Valid any time the centre is open
- Not redeemable for cash, services or merchandise
- Limited number of “buy-one-get-one-free” coupons available at SWAP
- Free ticket to be of equal or lesser value than the ticket purchased
Ski tuning clinic from SIDECUT Ski Tuning
Whether you’re a racer or just a weekend skier, having properly tuned equipment is critical to having fun on the slopes. Come see SIDECUT Ski Tuning’s booth for the “how to”, great tuning gear and wax.
SIDECUT Ski Tuning will be running tuning workshops. SIDECUT has educated thousands of athletes, parents and coaches from their headquarters in Whistler, all across Canada and many countries abroad.
This is a great opportunity to learn the ‘how to’ and the importance of ‘Ski Tuning’ and how it’s a critical part of your skills development.
Special Swap pricing will be available on the tuning equipment. With great tools tuning is easy!
- Friday – 6pm – 10pm
- Saturday – 9am – 5pm
- Sunday – 9am – 3pm
Product Receiving Times:
Products that are to be put on sale at the SWAP can be received during the following times:
- Friday – noon -9pm
- Saturday – 10am – 2pm
- Sunday – 6pm – 8pm
NEW and USED Equipment Available for Sale:
As our exclusive Ski & Snowboard Swap partners, Corbetts Ski + Snowboard, brings the best selection of new outerwear, Skis, Snowboard and much much more. Skiers and snowboarders buy and sell used and new snowsports gear and equipment as well. Professional fitting and sizing advice is made available.
Bring the correct socks if purchasing ski or snowboard boots (medium weight synthetic – not cotton).
***HINT: Bring CASH $$$ – Sometimes the lines for those requiring credit/debit pin-pads get long and our Cash ONLY lanes are faster! ***
Bring Us Your Used Equipment
Are your kids growing and they need new gear — bring us last years gear and buy new! Are you looking at upgrading to the latest skis and have last years to sell — bring us your gear and look for deal!
- For safety reasons, we cannot accept any equipment that is older than 5 years, or used helmets of any kind or age
- No cross-country equipment accepted or sold.
- Login your gear from the comfort oyourou home and skip the long lines
- Check on your gear – see what’s sold or log any other items to sell.
- Just use the ID you were provided
- If you don’t have a user ID send a request to email@example.com
Processing Fees $1.00 per Item:
- At check-in, a $1.00 processing fee is charged for each item brought in
- A pair of skis or a pair of poles are considered to be a single item
- You are expected to establish a sale price for your own equipment, but we will provide on-site assistance if required.
Consignment Fees – 23%:
- 23% of the sale price of your equipment is retained to support the Milton Heights Racing Club’s Programs.
- 77% of the sale price will be paid to you “the seller” by cheque.
- Cheques for sold items will be available between 6pm-8pm on Sunday or it will be mailed to you if you don’t pick the cheque up.
Important – Unsold Equipment:
- Any equipment not sold needs to be collected at the same time as cheques are distributed on Sunday between 6pm and 8pm.
- Any unsold equipment not picked up during these hours on Sunday evening will become the property of Milton Heights Racing Club.
Steps Required to Put Equipment On-Sale
Option 1 Send a login request to firstname.lastname@example.org to preload your product online and skip the long manual line-ups
Option 2 Download the Sales Tag Page and fill-in a tag for each item to be sold.
Step 2: Make an assessment of equipment and establish a sale price for each item to be sold. We will have onsite assistance if required.
Step 3: Bring in equipment to the SWAP during PRODUCT RECEIVING HOURS.
Step 4: At PRODUCT RECEIVING entrance area, fill in individual tags provided. These should be the duplicate of information on the downloaded tags sheet.
Step 5: Confirm product pricing & tag completion with on-site technical experts
Step 6: Get product & tag information along with consignee information entered into swap software by our Swap Cashiers
Step 7: Go Shop!
Step 8: On Sunday between 6pm to 8pm – pick-up your cheque or wait for it to be mailed to you.
For more information about the MHRC Annual Ski and Snowboard Swap contact Swap Coordinator:
For those of you who haven’t experienced this event, it is fast paced and fun event run by volunteers from our club, Glen Eden staff, and our partners Corbett’s. This is MHRC’s largest fund-raising activity and without it our program fees would increase significantly. Please take a look at the duties available as posted online and choose something that suits you. For more information contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator by e-mail at email@example.com
We will offer training on Thursday evening or at beginning of shifts for those of you who have not participated before. Thank you in advance for your support!