U19/21 (Ages 16 – 17 and 18 – 20)
U19/U21 is designed to inspire and challenge racers to perform at the next level. This program will focus on fundamental skill development, racing technique and speed acquisition. Athletes will be constantly challenged, and motivated to give their one hundred percent effort every day. Athletes will learn age appropriate slalom, giant slalom and speed technical skills to develop their racing and skiing proficiency.
The skills from previous levels are expanded and adapted in training situations that offer the athlete both fun and challenge. Coaches will bring the focus towards developing not just the skiing and race skills but will begin to make the athlete aware of their potential in fitness and mental aspects affecting their peak performance. Our program is flexible and can accommodate athletes across various levels of commitment to the sport. In addition, to our core 8 week racing module, racers can choose to participate in a variety of optional enhanced training programs and races throughout the season.
For more information regarding the U18 Alpine Ontario Program Expectations please visit the AOA website.
BASE PROGRAM DETAILS:
- Christmas camp training
- Sunday all-day training
- Wednesday night training
- Regional invitational racing series
- Optional extra regional travel races available
- Optional extra training days available
TRAINING DAYS AND TIMES:
- 6 Day Xmas Camp – 8:30-2:30pm – (45 min. lunch break)
- 8 Evening Training – Wednesday – 6:30-9:00pm
- 8 Weekend Training – Sunday – 8:30-2:30pm (45 min. lunch break)
SKILL EVENTS AVAILABLE:
- 4-6 Events
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Club membership fee(s)
- AOA fee(s)
- Glen Eden Seasons Pass
- Refundable Volunteer Deposit: $200
OPTIONAL EXTRA TRAINING AND EVENTS:
- MHRC FRIDAY TRAINING SERIES – Home $50 and Away $100
- U19/21 INVITATIONAL RACE EVENTS – Organized throughout Southern Ontario
- MHRC PRE-SEASON CAMP – Beginning of December MHRC organizes a pre-season training
- O-Cup Finals – qualification required
For information on equipment requirements per age group see the equipment page
MHRC is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. We rely on the participation of parents to run the events and races and our clubhouse. Volunteering at races is necessary to ensure a safe and successful event for the athletes. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn.
For parents who are new to the team, volunteering is a great way to get involved in your child’s development in ski racing and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to run our club or host events.