This home based ski racing development program for athletes ages 7 to 13 is for ADVANCED young skiers unable to commit to the travel program and are still interested in a competitive ski racing program. Program includes two race events and participation in March MHRC club event.
The program is all about building technique and confidence in all skiing conditions and playing in gates and features. Alternative to the competitive programs……but maintains the fun and social aspect. This program is designed to develop young skiers in preparation for transition to the competitive travel teams.
This is NOT a learn to ski program, this is a ski RACING program, participants must be able to ski ALL TERRAIN at Glen Eden with SPEED and IN CONTROL. Participation in ski school Learn to Race/ Academy or Peak Performance recommended prior to Jr. Dev enrolment.
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES – 8 weeks:
- Saturdays 9:30-12:30
- Add-On Afternoon training MUST Attend Morning Program – 1:00-3:00pm
- For season start days and event race information please visit our events page
SKILL EVENTS INCLUDED IN PROGRAM:
- 2 Home based Race Events
- Club Race Event
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Program fee – the cost of the program for your child/children – See program fee schedule – AOA registration is not needed this year for this program. Book early to take advantage of the Early Bird pricing!
- MHRC Family Membership Fee – the cost of membership to our club – includes all family members and guests. It supports the cost of running our clubhouse. – See program fee schedule – NOTE – this is paid one time per family, regardless of how many racers you have registered.
- Volunteer Deposit – this will NOT be processed if all volunteer requirements are met. See volunteer details page.
- Lift Passes/Tickets – Athletes can get a season’s pass at Glen Eden, others can purchase a set of day passes based on their training schedule. Glen Eden offers MHRC members discounted offers for program participants. All passes/lift tickets MUST be purchased through Glen Eden. See Glen Eden site.
- For information on equipment requirements per age group see the equipment page
- *CERTIFIED RACING HELMET REQUIRED, NO SOFT EAR HELMETS ALLOWED*
All MHRC members are asked to volunteer a number of hours to club events and activities. When registering for a program, you will need to complete the volunteer form and follow the instructions on the registration page prior to your participation in any MHRC program including dryland. A list of volunteer opportunities will be described at the Junior Development Information Session or can be found under the volunteer tab on the blog or website.
The volunteer payments will be processed at the end of season if the required volunteer hours are not logged with MHRC.