*New program age increase for 16-17 season
This home based ski racing development program for athletes ages 7 to 13 is for ADVANCED young skiers unable to commit to the travel program and are still interested in a competitive ski racing program. Program includes two race events and participation in March MHRC club event.
The program is all about building technique and confidence in all skiing conditions and playing in gates and features. Alternative to the competitive programs……but maintains the fun and social aspect. This program is designed to develop young skiers in preparation for transition to the competitive travel teams.
This is NOT a learn to ski program, this is a ski RACING program, participants must be able to ski ALL TERRAIN at Glen Eden with SPEED and IN CONTROL. Participation in ski school Learn to Race/ Academy or Peak Performance recommended prior to Jr. Dev enrolment.
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES – 8 weeks:
- Saturdays 9:30-12:30
- Add-On Afternoon training MUST Attend Morning Program – 1:00-3:00pm
- For season start days and event race information please visit our Calendar
SKILL EVENTS INCLUDED IN PROGRAM:
- 2 Home based Race Events
- Club Race Event
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Club membership fee(s)
- Alpine Ontario Membership Required
- Glen Eden Seasons Lift Passes – 8 week lift access or seasons pass
- *CERTIFIED RACING HELMET REQUIRED, NO SOFT EAR HELMETS ALLOWED*
- Refundable Volunteer Deposit
- Jr. Development Lift Passes – can be purchased at the Glen Eden Visitors Center, bring your Jr. Dev program receipt/confirmation to receive the Glen Eden lift access options found here
- For exact fee rates per year — please see our MHRC Fee Schedule Area
- For information on equipment requirements per age group see the equipment page
All MHRC members are asked to volunteer a number of hours to club events and activities. This fee will be collected by cheque prior to your participation in any MHRC program including dryland. A list of volunteer opportunities will be described at the Junior Development Information Session or can be found under the volunteer tab on the blog or website.
The volunteer cheque will be processed at the end of season if the required volunteer hours are not logged with MHRC.