Tuesday Night Training (TNT) Adult Learn To Race Program
If you have never raced before…here is your opportunity to tune up your skiing skills with some great coaches and have a chance in the gates…if you choose to. This adult learn to race program is always challenge by choice and more than anything a chance to socialize with other MHRC members…without the kids!
Masters Competitive Racing Program Details
This adult Masters’ racing program is for intermediate to advanced skiers. This program encourages athletes to continue their skill development in different racing disciplines and environments through a variety of training and racing opportunities. This program participates in the Druxy’s race circuit and includes a variety of race events at various locations throughout the Alpine Ontario southern Ontario division. Masters national card is required.
BASE PROGRAM DETAILS:
- 6-7pm – Free ski skill development hour with coaching (optional for all participants)
- 7-9pm – Participants will be in groups coached in a variety of training environments designed to develop, challenge and encourage ALL levels of skill development.
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Program fee – the cost of the program for athlete – See program fee schedule – Book early to take advantage of the Early Bird pricing!
- MHRC Family Membership Fee – the cost of membership to our club – includes all family members and guests. It supports the cost of running our clubhouse. – See program fee schedule – NOTE – this is paid one time per family, regardless of how many racers you have registered.
- Alpine Ontario Membership – Required only for the Masters Division if you plan to compete in AOA races – AOA membership covers each athlete’s insurance and supports the sport in Ontario. You will need to register with AOA, if not already, and set up your racers and pay membership – see AOA site. NOTE we are Southern Ontario Division – SOD.
- Volunteer Deposit – this will NOT be processed if all volunteer requirements are met. See volunteer details page.
- Lift Passes/Tickets – Athletes can get a season’s pass at Glen Eden, others can purchase a set of day passes based on their training schedule. Glen Eden offers MHRC members discounted offers for program participants. All passes/lift tickets MUST be purchased through Glen Eden. See Glen Eden site.
EXAMPLE SCHEDULE FOR SEASON:
- Week 1 – Get back on Snow! Free Ski!
- Week 2 – The Essentials! Video!
- Week 3 – Keep Moving and Look Ahead! Video!
- Week 4– How to choose the best line for you! Video!
- Week 5– Racers Ready GS! Social
- Week 6 – How to find the Speed! Video!
- Week 7 – Let try something Different! Video!
- Week 8 – Racers Ready Slalom! Social
- Week 9– Race Under the Stars Invitational and Social!
After racing the group goes out for refreshments and pizza at Champs Sports Grille in Milton. We have approximately 65 adult racers and about 30-40 people at the bar!
It makes a great break to the weekly grind!