Tuesday Night Training (TNT) Adult Ski Racing Program
Whether or not you have raced before…here is your opportunity to tune up your skiing skills with some great coaches and try the gates…if you choose. For Master’s racers, gate crashers and intermediate skiers, who want to explore and refine skiing gates. Our TNT evenings are as competitive as you want to apply in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We combine race training with skill improvement in both slalom and giant slalom disciplines and further transition skiers into the gate skiing environment. This program offers professional racing coaches, 2 timed races and video analysis.
This adult learn-to-race and race program is always a challenge by choice and a fun opportunity to socialize with other MHRC members…without the kids!
Masters Competitive Racing Program Details
This adult Masters’ racing program is an add-on program to the TNT for experienced racers. This program encourages athletes to continue their skill development in different racing disciplines and environments through a variety of racing opportunities. This program participates in the Druxy’s race circuit and includes a variety of race events at various locations; AOA registration is required for this competitive program. For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES:
- Tuesdays 6:30pm to 9pm
- 8 weeks starting January 5th, 2020
Base Program Details:
- 6-7pm - Free ski skill development hour with coaching (optional for all participants)
- 7-9pm - Participants will be in groups coached in a variety of training environments designed to develop, challenge and encourage ALL levels of skill development
- Week 1 - Get back on Snow! Free Ski– Slalom focus
- Week 2 – The GS Essentials
- Week 3 – Keep Moving and Look Ahead GS focus
- Week 4– GS Race Night & Social
- Week 5– Finding your feet for Slalom
- Week 6 –Compare yourself – Dual challenge
- Week 7 –Motion is the Slalom lotion
- Week 8 –Racers Ready Slalom & Social
- Week 9–Fun night Dual and Speed challenge
- 2 timed race events at Glen Eden
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Program fee – The cost of the program for athlete – See program fee schedule - - AOA registration is NOT required unless you are adding on the Masters Competitive Racing Program. Book early to take advantage of the Early Bird pricing!
- MHRC Family Membership Fee – The cost of membership to our club – includes all family members and guests. It supports the cost of running our clubhouse. – See program fee schedule – NOTE – this is paid one time per family, regardless of how many racers you have registered.
- Lift Passes/Tickets – Athletes can get a season’s pass at Glen Eden, others can purchase a set of day passes based on their training schedule. Glen Eden offers MHRC members discounted offers for program participants. All passes/lift tickets MUST be purchased through Glen Eden. See Glen Eden site.
- Helmet with hard ear cover is mandatory without equipment mounts (i.e., GoPro, etc.).
- Ski goggles that properly fit to face and helmet
- Size appropriate recreational or racing skis for intermediate to advanced skill level (discipline specific skis at athlete’s discretion)
- Shin/face guards are not required
- Appropriately sized ski poles
All MHRC members are asked to volunteer a number of hours to club events and support activities in the club house.
When registering for a program, you will need to complete the volunteer form and follow the instructions on the registration page prior to your participation in any MHRC program. A list of volunteer opportunities will be described at the Ski Racing Development Program Information Session and/or can be found here. The volunteer payments will be processed at the end of the season if the required volunteer hours are not logged with MHRC.
For members who are new to the team, MHRC is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your athlete’s development and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to run our club or host events. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn.