2017 AOA FITNESS TESTING for Travel Teams
AOA is hosting a mass fitness testing event at the Toronto Pan-Am Sports Centre Saturday, Nov 4th from 9am-3pm. The cost will be $30 for pre-registration on the AOA website and athletes will be entered into a draw for some sponsor prizing. All U12+ AOA members are invited attend. Registration on-site Nov 4th will be $35.00 which includes parents access to the Parent Education Sessions outlined below.
Fitness Testing will include: Pente Jump, Medicine Ball Throw, Vertical Jump, Hex Rail, Movement Screen, Box Jump and Beep Test. All athletes planning on attending the U14 and U16 Provincials/OCUP Finals must submit a fitness test dated Sept 1-Dec 31, 2017 to AOA before Dec 31 2017, to be eligible.
Schedule of Events for Athletes – Gym
8:00am-9:00am Registration for morning session
9:00am-12:00pm U16(2002/2003), U19(1999/2000/2001), U21(1997/1998) & Open(1996+)
9:15am-12:00pm Parent Education Sessions with John O’Sullivan & Kip Harrington, Ontario Ski Team Head Coach*
11:00am-12:00pm Registration for afternoon session
12:00pm-3:00pm U12(YOB 2006/2007)/U14(2004/2005)
12:15pm-2:00pm Parent Education Session with John O’Sullivan & Kip Harrington, Ontario Ski Team Head Coach*
*location of session University of Toronto auditorium across the street from Pan Am Centre
Click here to login and register.
Dryland Training – Fall 2017
MHRC Dryland Training has also been revised for the 2017/18 season. Each group will have a team building event day. The coaches will take them through a fun filled fitness day! During this time it is also mandatory that at least one parent attend a parent meeting regarding your racer’s upcoming season. Look forward to an email from team managers with further details. Please note Junior Development (JDL) do not take part in this training. Once registered for your respective program, your team manager will provide additional details.
- After November 12 – Date to be confirmed – U14 Travel Program Team Building Event! – Check your Team Calendar in TeamSnap.
- After November 12 – Date to be confirmed – U10/12 Travel Program and Team Building Event! – Check your Team Calendar in TeamSnap.
- After November 12 – Date to be confirmed – Snowboard Travel Program Team Building Event! – Check your Team Calendar in TeamSnap.
- After November 12 – Date to be confirmed – U16/19 Travel Program Team Building Event! – Check your Team Calendar in TeamSnap.
2017 Pre-Season Travel and SBX teams Tremblant Camp
2017 Pre-Season Tremblant Camp – The camp is offered to the travel teams and SBX athletes and is included in the programs.
TRAINING DAYS AND TIMES:
- 4 days option – December 14 to 17 – Arrive at Tremblant on Dec 13th
- 6 days option – December 12 to 17 – Arrive at Tremblant on Dec 12th
- 4 days option – $460
- 6 days option – $685
- Tickets: $36.71 Tax Incl. / per day / per person
Tour des Voyageurs & Lodge de la Montagne:
Ski in/ski out – Indoor parking with fee of 15$/day – Outdoor Pool (Summer Only) – Outdoor Hot Tub – Sauna – Fitness Room – Terrace – Ski and Snowboard Lockers – Bike Storage – Air Conditioning – Elevator – Playroom
Ski in/ski out – indoor parking with fee of 15$/day- pool, sauna and hot tub access at Aquaclub La Source-Ski and snowboard lockers-bike storage-air conditioning-elevators
Rates and availability by location:
- Montagne – Studio, 1 Queen ($137.53 tx incl./per day)
- Montagne – 1 bedroom condo, 2 Doubles ($159.59 tx incl./per day)
- St-Bernard – 2 bedroom condo, 2 Queens ($212.30 tx incl./per day)
- Voyageurs – 2 bedroom condo, 1 Queen + 2 Doubles ($212.30 tx incl./per day)
To register go to the registration page
2017-18 Xmas Camp
2017-18 Xmas Camp – The camp is offered to the travel teams and SBX athletes and is included in the programs.
For additional details, contact your team manager once you have registered.
TRAINING DAYS AND TIMES:
- Xmas Camp – Part 1 – December 30-31 – Glen Eden 8:30-2:30
- Xmas Camp – Part 2 – January 4 – 5 – Glen Eden 8:30-2:30
2017-18 Extra training Xmas period
The extra training is offered to the travel teams and SBX at an additional cost to supplement the Xmas camp. These camps are optional and can be attended in any combination of days.
Make sure you register to the camps if you want your athlete to attend.
December 27-29 – Extra Training – Mount St Louis – 9-3pm:
- 6 athletes minimum
- $120 / per day per athlete (includes lift ticket) or
- $330 / per athletes for all 3 days (includes lift ticket)
January 2-3 – Extra Training – Glen Eden – 9-3pm:
- 6 athletes minimum
- $60 / per day per athlete or
- $100/ per athletes for 2 days
You can register for the camps on our registration page.