Coach/ Instructor Job Opportunities
Ready to Coach or Teach Skiing at Glen Eden and get paid? A variety of positions are available with the Glen Eden Snow School including competitive and recreational racing coaches for MHRC programs. Flexible schedules allow for racing and coaching so join our team now!
Apprentice Coach Program
Interested in becoming a coach or instructor? The Glen Eden snow school and MHRC are looking for U16 and U18 skiers and snowboarder who are passionate about skiing and boarding, enjoy working with kids and looking to gain experience and pursue a job as a coach or instructor. Second Year Apprentices Welcome!
- At least 14 years of age as of Nov. 1st, 2015
- Strong parallel skier or confident intermediate snowboarder
- Available to volunteer a minimum of one evening a week and one weekend day (60 hours) in addition to regular racing program schedule. Apprentices can choose to volunteer with the racing programs or the snow school programs.
- Available for 35 hours of a combination of staff training and preparation for the Entry Level Coaching Course or Level 1 Instructors Course.
- Applicants will need to attend a group style interview process, and submit a simple resume and cover letter once they have completed the online application
- Volunteer coaching/instructing hours may count towards high school graduation requirement (the training times do not count towards volunteer hours but are a huge benefit to you!)
- Please check with your school to ensure this program meets with their volunteer requirements
- Full season pass for Glen Eden (value approx. $400)
- Approx. 29 hours of coaching/instructing on snow training with a certified evaluator
- Staff identification pass which entitles you to free entry to all of our conservation areas, free skiing and snowboarding, and discounts on goods, services, cafeteria food, events with a participation fee, equipment rentals and tubing!