To all 14+ year-old MHRC’rs who want to be part of a team that supports our coaches to deliver training programs. NOW is the time to sign-up by clicking Careers – Conservation Halton. As an apprentice you work with the Head Coach and his coaching team to assist with their on-hill activities.
- learn how to use equipment
- help set training lanes and environments
- prepare and maintain the training track to ensure it is safe for athletes
- shuttle equipment and training materials
- help with managing start/finish area during training and races
- be involved with coaches in delivering training sessions
- help in clean-up activities after training and races
- assist Ski School instructors and learn how to teach skiing
- receive mentoring from coaches and instructors
- get extra time on your skis
- gain volunteer hours for school
Being part of the apprentice program is an essential pathway to get prepared for becoming an instructor or racing coach. You will be able to register for the Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance Level 1 training session to become a certified instructor. Once achieved, you can apply to Glen Eden for a paid ski instructor and/or MHRC junior coach position. At 16 years of age you can register with Alpine Canada for the Entry Level coach certification to become a trained coach. Use your skills and feed the passion!
Brian Opitz, Head Coach