Hello to the whole MHRC Community!
Plans for the coming season are well underway. There’s a lot of information here, please take a few minutes to scan through it.
Registration is open and it is filling up fast! Pre-season pricing ends on September 30 so be sure to sign up soon.
Buy your Glen Eden passes soon – use this link.
To ensure each athlete’s training slots are auto-reserved in Glen Eden’s system, please email your pass number to Juliette Lamb. This is incredibly important and is the responsibility of each member. Without doing this we cannot guarantee your time on snow, and lift attendants + snow patrol WILL check for this.
Follow us on social media. Please share and re-post our content to help grow our reach.
All athletes in Competitive programs are required to be AOA members. Sign up here. As a reminder, we are in the “Southern Ontario Division (SOD).”
(This is not required for Junior Development and TNT programs)
Annual Ski Swap
Southern Ontario’s biggest ski swap and our club’s most important fundraiser!
Save the dates!!! Thursday, October 20 – Sunday, October 23
New Location!!! Kelso Quarry, 5437 Steeles Avenue
Reminder – every Competitive team family is required to complete four volunteer hours at the Swap. Please watch for more details coming soon on how to sign up to help.
Great Discount at Corbetts
Did you know? MHRC members receive a special 10% discount at Corbetts in Oakville (proof of membership required, an email on your phone is sufficient). NEW this year: they are also offering us a season-long tuning special… $39.99 for MHRC members, regular $65! Corbetts is an amazing partner to our club, with some of the best equipment advisors and boot fitters in southern Ontario! Go check them out and take advantage of these exclusive benefits. Watch for more special promotions during the season.
Check out our redesigned and easier to navigate website! It is now much easier to locate the information you need. And once the Swap is done, be sure to use the MHRC Classifieds to buy and sell gear. Watch for new and improved e-commerce capabilities for MHRC swag as the year progresses.
Competitive Team Dryland Training
This is a highly encourage but optional activity for all competitive program athletes. Wake those muscles back up and reconnect with your MHRC friends. To aid your planning, here is our tentative schedule:
2nd – Outdoor fitness activities at Glen Eden
9th – Mountain biking at Glen Eden
16th – Glen Eden challenge zone
23rd – Ski Swap – no training
30th – Mountain biking at Glen Eden
6th – Outdoor fitness activities at Glen Eden and Sidecut tuning seminar
13th – Alpine Indoor ski ramp training
20th – Indoor climbing and activities at Aspire in Milton
27th – Alpine Indoor ski ramp training
Sign up links will come out as the dates approach. Times for most sessions are roughly 10am-12pm.
U14+ Competitive Team – Pre-season Mont Tremblant Training Camp
- Mark your calendars for December 14-18
- In a return to our pre-covid normal, the on-hill training portion of this years’ camp will be open for U14 and older competitive athletes only. We invite all other athletes and their families to attend socially.
- The last day of training (Sunday, December 18th, 2022) will be a fun ski day at nearby Mont Blanc
- Accommodation this year is booked directly with Mont Tremblant, Les Tremblant Suites. Use MHRC’s direct link below (or book over the phone with an agent) so that you get our awesome group rates! Don’t delay on booking your accommodations as they are available on a first come, first served basis and the week we are attending is a busy week so rooms will sell out.
- Discounted lift tickets for Mont Tremblant can only be purchased by calling a Les Tremblant Suites agent (not available for purchase online) and are only available beginning October 1st, 2022. If you book your own hotel, AirBnB or outside accommodation, you will not be eligible to purchase lift tickets at our discounted rate.
- Two steps to register:
- New for 2022 – attend socially even if not U14+: Use our link or call an agent to book discounted accommodations. Please also be sure to register your family through TeamSnap so that we can include you on communications leading up to the trip. We will also be setting up a chat or message board, likely through TeamSnap so that families can make arrangements to meet and ski together. There is no formal schedule or coaching with this option, and no cost to register to attend socially. Register to attend socially via TeamSnap (social)
Your MHRC Board of Directors