Today’s provincial announcement requires additional changes to our operating plan for the season. Here are our latest COVID-19 protocols:
- Until January 27th, the clubhouse will remain closed during weeknight training given the short training blocks. The clubhouse will remain open as outlined below for the longer weekend training sessions.
- On weekends, Canteen service will be via the exterior window only. As a reminder, the canteen is fully cashless – canteen binder pages can be funded with contactless debit or credit payment.
- No indoor food or drink consumption is permitted, regardless of the source. We suggest members consider consuming lunch on the deck (being mindful of distancing), using other outdoor spaces at GE, or as a last resort, in cars. We are working with GE to add outdoor seating capacity. We expect pressure on parking will be high and continue to encourage non-skiing parents to “kiss and ride” where possible.
- Athletes must put boots and other equipment on at their car.
- Backpacks and other gear need to be stored on the deck, not in the clubhouse. These can also be stored at the top of the hill near the start ramp.
- As previously shared, clubhouse use will be “athletes only” – no parents or guests.
- Clubhouse use will be limited to a maximum of five people at a time. This will be for bathroom breaks and emergency warmup only – no “gathering” or socializing. Volunteers and coaches do not count towards the limit of five people.
- While inside the clubhouse, appropriate masks should be worn, not just ski buffs or balaclavas.
- A reduced number of volunteer positions will be needed; volunteers will be permitted indoors, masked at all times and only performing volunteer duties. “Signup Genius” links will be distributed shortly.
- Health attestations MUST be completed prior to participation. If symptomatic, members MUST stay away.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions related to these or other COVID-19 matters.
We can’t stress enough the importance of following all these protocols. Beyond the health and safety of everyone, we want to do our part to ensure that outdoor activities remain accessible.
Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.
Your MHRC Board