Hello MHRC Members,
After a fun and successful kickoff to our season in Tremblant, the latest guidance on COVID-19 has shifted the ground under our feet again. New updates are coming from public health authorities at a rapid pace. And on top of that, Glen Eden is working very hard on building snow but Mother Nature and temperatures are simply not cooperating. This will require additional patience and flexibility from all of us.
As previously mentioned, Glen Eden is “auto reserving” times for our athletes. To do so, we need the GE ski pass ID # for each participant. Please watch for a separate email via TeamSnap over the next day or so.
*To avoid lines and confusion on Glen Eden’s first days of operation, please make every effort to pick up your passes and complete your vaccine verification.
COVID-19 OPERATIONAL UPDATE
With the health and safety of our members top of mind, here are a few changes to our operating plans…
1. The clubhouse will now be for essential use only – bathroom breaks and athlete care, including staggered warm-up breaks on very cold days. Parents and guests will unfortunately not be allowed in the clubhouse until further notice.
2. Athletes should put boots on at their car and arrive ready to be on snow without going indoors. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your group’s start time. Please remember that all athletes must complete a daily health attestation in TeamSnap before attending (Team rosters will be complete soon for all athletes).
3. Canteen service will be via the outdoor pass-through window only. Snacks, drinks and hot food will be available and can be consumed at the outdoor picnic tables on the deck. Space will be tight, even outdoors. Backpacks with snacks can be kept on the clubhouse deck or at the top of the hill.
4. Christmas Camp for Competitive Teams :
With snow conditions variable at Glen Eden, we would like to add an additional day at Mount St. Louis (MSLM). That would make camp Monday, Wednesday and Friday at MSLM and Tuesday and Thursday at Glen Eden (snow pending). If it turns out Glen Eden can’t open or operate fully, there is the possibility of no training on those days and even if we can train, snow depth will not likely permit gates. Days at MSLM would be 9am-3pm, all age groups. Splitting up the MSLM dates hopefully avoids the need for overnights and spreads the travel. MSLM would be totally optional to participate, and there would be no “home” training at Glen Eden for anyone who chooses not to go to MSLM.
If interested, please register at this link by Thursday Dec 23rd at 11pm EST:
You will also be required to register & pay for each day through TeamSnap. Another email will be sent to you from MHRC Admin with a link to purchase.
Ticket pricing at MSLM is as follow
- Youth — $77
- Adults — $90
Here is a summary of our understanding of the rules at MSLM:
- Proof of vaccination required.
- Treat your car as your lodge. No lockers. No boot bags/backpacks inside.
- No outside food allowed indoors.
- Upstairs dining allowed, 40 min timeslots only with 50% indoor seating capacity.
- No walk up ticket sales, tickets must be purchased ahead
We will be skiing in any type of weather unless unsafe conditions, so please be prepared to ski (and hope for snow). We offer no refunds due to weather-related cancellations.
We didn’t take this change in schedule lightly, recognizing that some may have booked accommodations up north based on the tentative dates – this was the best plan to ensure our athletes get on snow. For those who might risk losing deposits on accommodations, you have the option to skip the new GE dates and get even more MSLM time (albeit free skiing on the GE days). Thank you for understanding.
5. Regular Season Schedule remains unchanged. Please be patient and understand that things might need to change and it could happen quickly.
6. We will still need volunteers to manage the clubhouse and canteen. Volunteers should only be indoors during their assigned hours and should be masked at all times. Watch for a separate signup email shortly.
7. Race Schedules – AOA is currently revisiting the tentative race schedule given this latest news. We will share more information as soon as possible, but to be completely transparent with all of you, we believe that some of the race schedule is now in jeopardy. This is extremely disappointing for all of us. We continue to work closely with AOA and other clubs to see what might be possible.
In addition, Glen Eden will be reducing indoor space capacities in accordance with updates from the Province. Together, we will be adhering to all provincial orders as a minimum standard and exceeding them in areas where we feel we can make the experience even safer for our members, coaches and volunteers.
We are all hoping for more snow and less COVID sometime soon!
Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
For now, happy holidays! All the best to you and your families.
Stay safe and healthy,
Your MHRC Board