Important Updates on the Coming Season – Competitive Team Christmas Camp is Cancelled

Competitive Team Christmas Camp is Cancelled

Hello everyone,

After much planning and significant work to prepare for this very unusual season, we are very sad to say that we must cancel our Competitive Team Christmas Camp that was scheduled to begin December 27 at Glen Eden.  Our decision follows Glen Eden’s cancellation of its lesson programs up to and including January 3rd.

This unfortunate change is completely beyond our control and is directly driven by public health guidance from the Province of Ontario, who recently advised all ski resorts in the province of extremely strict program and chairlift caps.  These restrictions make delivering our usual Christmas Camp impossible.

We know that many of you will be wondering about refunds.  Given the unusual circumstances we have made some changes to our usual policies as follows:

In addition to our standard refund policies, please note that in the event that Milton Heights Racing Club (“MHRC”) is required to suspend training due to COVID-19 and is unable to make up the sessions within the season, then MHRC will issue a refund equal to 75% of the fees that are attributable to those cancelled training hours (i.e., 75% of pro-rata fees for the period, calculated by comparing cancelled training hours to the total structured training hours in the season).

Working through Glen Eden, we support the Ontario Ski Resort Association’s (OSRA) ongoing efforts to demonstrate to the province that skiing programs can be delivered safely during these very unusual times. If you share this sentiment, we encourage you to reach out to your local MPP to voice your concern and your support for OSRA.

We are hopeful that more positive guidance from the province could be issued and we continue to plan for delivery of our core programs, beginning January 2nd for Competitive Teams and January 9th for Junior Development. We will be in touch with more details as they become available – please watch your email as we might need to push this decision very close to the program start date on January 2.

The parent information sessions planned for this Sunday, December 20th in the evening are being rescheduled to December 30th, to ensure we pass along the most up-to-date information possible.

For members who want to do day skiing at Glen Eden over the holidays, they are targeting December 27 to open.  We will pass along information for their new online booking system as soon as it is published

Stay safe and healthy.  We wish you and your families all the very best during the holidays.


Warm holiday wishes,

Your Board of Directors