MHRC Spring Updates & News

MHRC members and friends,

We hope this finds you all healthy and safe during these unusual times.

With snow still in the air, thoughts naturally turn back to skiing (and snowboarding)! ?

Early Bird Reminder – June 30

Recognizing that this is an uncertain time for many, we have decided to extend our early bird registration date until June 30 (check As a reminder, there is also an option to pay in installments with no added cost – this option is embedded in the registration flow if it is of interest.  Glen Eden has also extended their own early bird dates (until June 8 for Glen Eden).

UPDATE: Refunds

Given uncertainty related to Covid-19, your Board has decided to amend the club’s refund policy to provide additional flexibility for current and new members.

Cancellation & Refunds (effective for the 2020/21 season)

Refunds are challenging for Milton Heights since we are a non-profit organization.  Given the amount of time and effort that goes into creating our programs, hiring our coaches and possible denying other athletes spots on ‘full’ teams, the following policies have been established:

Before the Season Starts:  If an athlete asks for a refund before the commencement of the season, defined as more than 6 weeks prior to being on the hill (November 15), registration fees less a $75 administration fee (per athlete) will be refunded.

Season Ramp-Up: If an athlete asks for a refund less than 6 weeks prior to being on the hill (between Nov 16 and December 20) refunds will only be granted on case-by-case basis with registration fee less a $200 administration fee (per athlete) being refunded. Season ramp-up means that MHRC has hired coaches, scheduled athletes into programs/races, and defined teams, etc.

During the Season: We offer no refunds to programs after the start of programs (except in the case of injury – in which case the fee can be carried over to the following season).

Weather Condition Refunds: We offer no refunds due to weather-related cancellations.  For weather challenges, every effort will be made to offer make-up time and provide additional training to athletes when / wherever possible.  We cannot guarantee that make-ups will happen.

Covid-19 No Season:  The club is governed by the operating rules of AOA and our partnership with Glen Eden. Should the occurrence of COVID-19 prevent us from operating the coming season, all registered members will have the following options regarding any prepaid fees for the season:

    1. The member may choose to donate all or a portion of the fees already paid to the club to Cover administrative fees and support us financially through this very difficult time.
    2. The member can defer the membership fees to the following season (which would effectively provide the member with a locked-in rate for the following season).
    3. The member may choose a full refund.

Please note that a decision to defer the season would depend directly on government, AOA and Glen Eden guidance and the Covid-19 refund provisions above only apply after a decision to potentially defer the season is taken.  Refunds may take up to several weeks to process.

Stay tuned for more updates

As our Federal and Provincial governments plan cautious re-opening of various services, we continue to await guidance on holding both our AGM and our Banquet (or to plan alternative virtual events).  We are committed to keeping you all updated whenever new information becomes available.

Until then, stay healthy and safe!  Enjoy the May long-weekend.