Hello again returning members, and a big welcome to new members of Milton Heights Racing Club. Thursday we felt the first blast of cold air in the GTA, and with it, the Milton Heights Board of Directors is moving full speed ahead preparing for the 2017/18 race season at MHRC. Our annual SKI SWAP wrapped up last weekend and was a huge success! The board would like to thank all the club members who volunteered their time and energy to help run this annual event! Without your support, we could not continue to offer excellent race and training programs. Please review the high-level updates below, and look forward to more detailed emails and updates from Team Managers as the race season grows near!
Preparation For The Race Season
Many of the MHRC programs are almost full so if you haven’t registered, do so today. — HINT: Prices go up on Nov 12! Regarding coach assignments – All coaches are currently going through the normal Glen Eden seasonal hiring process, but from all reports, we expect most to come back into the similar roles they held in previous years! The SBX program will have changes in coaching. Please look forward to more information on this shortly.
In an effort to ensure maximum on-snow time for the athletes, a few changes to Christmas Camp dates were made this year, with more options:
- December 27-29 – Get an early start! – Sign up for optional extra training at Mount St Louis Moonstone. There will be a charge for these days, and a 6 racer minimum to make it ‘a-GO’. The per-day fee for this program is $120 while signing up your racer for all 3 days is only $330.
- December 30 and 31st are Part 1 of MHRC core Christmas Camp (cost included with program fee). Location – Glen Eden.
- January 2nd and 3rd – Sign up for optional extra training at Glen Eden. Again, the minimum number of racers signed up to make this happen will be 6. The cost will be $60 dollars per day, and $100 if the racer is signed up for both days.
- January 4th and 5th are Part 2 of MHRC core Christmas Camp (cost included with program fee). Location – Glen Eden.
- January 6th and 7th – Travel ski race and SBX teams begin
- Tuesday January 9th – Adult TNT program begins
- Saturday January 13th – Junior Development program begins
Travel Team Race Schedules
AOA has posted a draft version of the 2017-18 race schedule for all to view. The schedule is multi-pages so you will have to do a bit of searching for appropriate age group and team information. A cautionary note – the calendar is a draft version and subject to change and is beyond the club’s control. All race schedules will be confirmed and shared by team managers as the season begins.
Team Building / Information Sessions
We are looking to schedule an MHRC Team Building and Parent Information Session event during the weekend of Dec 2nd. We will keep you posted as soon as this date is confirmed.
For the latest updates, check our website. The events pages and the calendar page will keep you updated on the latest events and dates as key dates get confirmed. Emails aren’t as current. For more information, or any questions you have, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer them in a timely manner.
On behalf of the board, welcome back to a fun, exciting and safe race season!