Another challenging weather week but at least there is a chance for snow tonight! This Blog details happening this week and a few to come!
Tuesday – TNT Night Training:
- Feb 7 – RACE CANCELLED due to weather
- Feb 14– Slalom Time!
- Feb 21 – GS!
- Feb 28– Racers Ready Slalom!
- Mar 7 – Dual it Out!
NOTE: TNT Après is being moved to Rad Brothers Sports Bar and Tap House – 550 Ontario St., Milton (Getting some free food stuff and cheap beers!)
Wednesday Night Training:
- Feb 8 – U16 GS / U19 SL
- Feb 15 – U16/ U19 Slalom Challenge – bibs, timing and prizing! Coaches can play too
- Feb 22 – U16 GS&SL/ U19 SL
- Mar 1 – U16/19 DUALS
Thursday Night Training:
- Feb 9 – U08/10 GS / U12 GS / U14 SL
- Feb 16 – U08/10 KOM / U12 KOM / U14 GS
- Feb 23 – U08/10/12/14 – SL & GS
- Mar 2 – DUALS
Friday Extra Training:
Refine your skills with extra mileage and challenge yourself with our Friday training series coached by MHRC top coaches.
- Feb 10 – Glen Eden SL
- Feb 17 – MSLM SL/GS
- Feb 24 – Glen Eden SL
This training is available to U12/14/16/19/21 traveling team members including Masters (not JD or SB). Registration is through the MHRC website and is required by Wednesday at 9pm with payment to confirm numbers if the training is at home. Away training must be confirmed by Tuesday at 9pm with payment.
- Saturday Feb 11
- JD @ GE
- U08/10 @GE
- U12 @ GE – KOM Sidewinder
- SBX – SO Speed Series Race #4 @ Horseshoe – Good Luck!
- Sunday Feb 12
- U08/10 @ Caledon – Good Luck!
- U14 @ Mansfield SL – Good Luck!
- U16 @Alpine GS – Good Luck!
- U19 @ GE Training
- SB Dev Athletes Riders Development Camp @ Horseshoe
- Saturday Feb 18
- JD @GE
- U08/10 @GE
- U12 @ Hockley Kombi – Good Luck!
- U14 @ Mansfield GS 1pm start – Good Luck!
- U16 @ Caledon SL – Good Luck!
- SBX @ GE (May Change)
- Sunday Feb 19
- U08/10 @ GE (only 4)
- U19 @ Mansfield GS – Good Luck!
- SB DEV/SBX @ GE
- Saturday Feb 25
- JD Week 7 Race Event!
- U08/10 @ GE Race Event – Good Luck!
- U12@ GE
- SBX FIS Athletes only Provincial Finals @BV – Good Luck
- Sunday Feb 26
- U08/12 @ GE (only 4)
- U14 – GIRLS 12yr @ Jozo GS – 13yr @ Devils Glen SL and BOYS– 12yr @ Peaks – 13yr @ Craigleith SL – Good Luck!
- U16 U19 @ Brimacomb
- SBX Provincial Finals @ BV – Good Luck!
- Friday March 3
- SBX Race Team USASA Training Day @ Holiday Valley (optional participation)
- Saturday Mar 4
- JD Week 8 Race Event!
- SBX Race Team USASA @ Holiday Valley (optional participation)
- Club Event – Erika Lamb Snowflake Race – Open to all racers – Details to follow shortly
- Sunday Mar 5
- SBX Training @ GE
Additional Racing Opportunities for Race Travel Teams. Additional Costs for races include Entry Fee ($45+HST) and Coaching Fee ($50-$100 dependant on participation). Please indicate your availability through team snap by deadlines listed below:
- U10 – Friday Feb 17 – Mansfield Invitational
- Deadline for Availability – Feb 10
- Payment Due – Feb 13
- U12 – Friday Feb 24 – Mansfield Invitational
- Deadline for Availability – Feb 17
- Payment Due – Feb 20
- U12 – Monday Feb 20 – Craigleith Family Day Invitational –Registration Closed
- U12-U16 – Friday March 10 – Ski4Nik – Race Notice Here – Registration Direct
- U19 – March 25 Erika Lamb Snowflake Race @ Mansfield – Details Coming Soon
- U14/16/19 – March 6/7 Gooch Cup Super G
- Deadline for Availability – Feb 27
- Payment Due – Mar 1
- $350 Approx For 2 Day Event
- U08/10/12 – March 17-19 – Hidden Valley – Championship Rodeo
- Deadline for Availability – Feb 24 – More Details Coming Soon
Alpine Ontario Camps Technical Skills camps will provide additional training for athletes to improve their free skiing and technical skills. – learn more
- U10/12 – Friday Feb 24 – Devils Glen – Skills Camp
- U14/16 – Friday Feb 24 – Devils Glen – Slalom Camp
- U16 – Sunday March 12 – Beaver Valley – Ski Cross/ Speed Camp
- U10/12/14 – Mon/Tues March 13/14 – Beaver Valley – Speed Camp
Family Fun Event – March 4th
MARK YOUR CALENDAR! Join our Family FUN Event on Saturday March 4th, from 3pm into the evening!
This year, we will be honouring the Erika Lamb Snowflake Series – a legacy event in honour of our dear Erika. The race event is open to all MHRC athletes and their family members. The registration fee per racer is $20, which includes an amazing swag gift!
Further details on race registration will be coming soon – stay tuned.
Those family members not racing can join in the fun of purchasing raffle tickets for great giveaways and 50/50 draws. (Hint – All raffle tickets and draws will be cash only.) Funds raised will be put toward a new timing hut on Challenger.
And don’t forget the food…Everyone is welcome to a tasty BBQ dinner with all the fixings. Kids can make maple syrup suckers in the snow, and enjoy toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate by the campfire. The clubhouse area will be transformed into a winter wonderland!
If you’d like to support the fundraising for the new timing hut and are able contribute raffle prizes, please contact Sherry at email@example.com.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at this awesome event, and celebrating the end to a challenging but rewarding season!
MHRC Year End Banquet is Booked for April 22nd
Save this date in your Calendar — April 22nd — For the annual end of year banquet! More details will be forth coming including theme / locations / times etc.!
Canteen – Volunteers Required
MHRC is a volunteer run organization and to ensure a fun season for all athletes we need you to help-out at events, races, and around the club house!