With kids back to school the ski and snowboard season is right around the corner. Here’s a sneak peak of this seasons calendar and an update of a few changes to this seasons MHRC ski and snowboard programs.
Please note the MHRC calendar of events can now be found on the new MHRC website at www.miltonheights.com and click the calendar. Registration for programs is now open and early bird rates apply until November 12.
MHRC Member Event @ Corbett’s Oakville – Thursday September 29 10am-8pm
Click Here for Details on the GREAT DEALS Corbetts – come by the store from 10am-8pm, there will be product reps on hand and MHRC coaches to guide you to choosing the right equipment for the season
MHRC Open House – Saturday October 1 from 10-2pm
MHRC Clubhouse (across the bridge at Glen Eden between Sunset and Main Chalet)
We invite all returning members and those interested in becoming new members to join us Saturday Oct 1 from 10am-2pm for a season kick-off event to include:
- Free BBQ 11am-1pm
- Membership and Program Information and On-Site Registration (MHRC and AOA)
- Lend a hand with clubhouse projects – clean up/reorganize/ makeover/ repairs/ race equipment/ canteen/ Volunteer Hours! Kids can help too!
- Sign up to volunteer with Ski Swap Nov 4-6 and Upcoming MHRC Events!
- Socialize with Returning Members and Meet New Ones!
- Purchase Glen Eden Lift Passes before Early Bird Deadline Nov 6!
MHRC Program Updates:
Junior Development Program Changes – Program will only be offered only on Saturdays ONLY, however, the age of participants has been increased to include all children from ages 7 to 13.
U10 Travel Team – Juniper Jam series will no longer be offered as the funding grant has expired by Freestyle Ontario. We are hopeful that this series will be replaced with invitational events; as these events become available we will post the information. Please note there will be additional entry and coaching fees required per event.
U12/U14/16 Travel Teams – The ‘Division 2’ AOA ski racing program has changed to the SOD Cup Series (Southern Ontario Division) and the ‘Division 1’ AOA ski racing program has changed to the O-Cup Series (Ontario). The race series will look very similar to last year with approximately the same number of race events. The major difference is that there will not be the opportunity for U14/16 to qualify for O-Cup (Division 1) races during the season. SOD Cup Series participants will collect points during their race series that could qualify them for O-Cup final events (provincials) at the end of the season.
Club Dryland Program and Advanced Fitness Program – Saturday Oct 15 Sunday Oct 23/30 Nov 13
All MHRC Members U8 – U18 including Jr. Development and Snowboard Teams are invited to join the MHRC Coaching Team for a Series of Fun Filled Team Building Activities, Friendly Sports Games, Ski Specific Fitness, Adventure/ Nature Hikes, Glen Eden Challenge Course and the Opportunity to get to know fellow MHRC members!
Join us 10:00-11:30am on the Oct, 15, 23, 30 and Nov 13 at the Glen Eden Boat Rental and be sure to dress appropriately for warm weather, cold weather, wet weather and bring lots of water.
Note that Saturday, Oct 15 there is a SIDECUT tuning session offered in addition to dryland from 11:00-12:30.
For those 12 yrs. and up interested in a more rigorous workout join qualified MHRC conditioning coaches for specific agility, balance, coordination, speed and endurance training. This program will get you fit to race and help you meet standard (yet intense) fitness testing requirements for alpine ski racing. The coach will help to develop a pre-season plan to follow and set goals and benchmarks to achieve before you hit the slopes, and yes it’s FREE!
SIDECUT TUNING SESSSION – Saturday, Oct 15
Back by popular demand – Chris Hillier from SIDECUT tuning will being offering a free tuning clinic for all interested members from 11-12:30 in the MHRC clubhouse, there will also be the opportunity to purchase tuning gear at discounted pricing, an event not to be missed. Check out his website at https://www.sidecut.com/
Pre-Season Camp for Travel Team Skiers/Snowboarders – Dec 15-18
- Mt Tremblant – Dec 15-18 (Thursday-Sunday, arrival Wednesday)
- 4 Day Ski and Snowboard Camp with coaching and 1 day with lane space – all travel team participants invited U10/12/14/16/19/21 SBX
- 2 Day ski experience with coaching for parents (Friday/Saturday 10-2pm) – cost TBD
- Coaching Fee – $325 per participant
- Accommodations and lift tickets – deduct $34.34 if lift tickets are not required
|Property / Unit type||Bedding||Occupation||Amenities||Rate/person/day
Lodging & lift ticket included
|La Tour des Voyageurs or Lodge de la Montagne|
|Hotel room||1 queen||1||138.50$
(164.02$ taxes incl.)
|Hotel room||1 queen||2||84.00$
(99.48$ taxes incl.)
|Studio||1 queen bed + sofa-bed||1||Full kitchen, living room||147.50$
(175.53$ taxes incl.)
|Studio||1 queen bed + sofa-bed||2||Full kitchen, living room||88.50$
(104.81$ taxes incl.)
|Studio||1 queen bed + sofa-bed||3||Full kitchen, living room||68.83$
(81.52$ taxes incl.)
|One bedroom condo||2 double beds + sofa-bed||2||Full kitchen, living room||92.50$
(109.54$ taxes incl.)
|One bedroom condo||2 double beds + sofa-bed||3||Full kitchen, living room||71.50$
(84.67$ taxes incl.)
|One bedroom condo||2 double beds + sofa-bed||4||Full kitchen, living room||61.00$
(72.24$ taxes incl.)
|Two bedroom condo||1 queen bed + 2 double beds||3||Full kitchen, living room||85.50$
(101.25$ taxes incl.)
|Two bedroom condo||1 queen bed + 2 double beds||4||Full kitchen, living room||71.50$
(84.67$ taxes incl.)
|Two bedroom condo||1 queen bed + 2 double beds||5||Full kitchen, living room||63.10$
(74.73$ taxes incl.)
|Two bedroom condo||1 queen bed + 2 double beds||6||Full kitchen, living room||57.50$
(68.09$ taxes incl.)
Please contact Head Coach Sarah Edwards to reserve your spot email@example.com
RC Calendar of Events
Note: all events are listed on www.miltonheights.com calendar.
Date Changes – MHRC Christmas Camp for Travel Team Skiers – Dec 27/28/29/30 Jan 5/6
- Wednesday September 21 – MHRC Program Registration Opens
- Saturday Sept 24 – Glen Eden program registration opens
- Thursday September 29 – MHRC Members Event at Corbett’s in Oakville
- Saturday October 1 – Open House, Clubhouse Cleanup & BBQ, Information and Registration for MHRC Programs – 10-2pm MHRC Clubhouse
- October 08-10 – Thanksgiving Weekend
- Saturday October 15 – SIDECUT Tuning Session – 11-12:30pm – MHRC Clubhouse
- Saturday October 15 – Dryland 1 – 10-11:30
- Sunday October 23 – Dryland 2 – 10-11:30am
- Sunday October 30 – Dryland 3 – 10-11:30am
- November 4-5-6 – MHRC Ski and Snowboard Swap and Sale – Gambrel Barn Milton
- Sunday November 6 – Glen Eden Early Bird Pass Deadline!
- Saturday November 12 – MHRC Early Bird Pricing Deadline!
- Sunday November 13 – Final Dryland 4 – 11:00-12:30
- Sunday November 13 – MHRC Travel Program Information Sessions 10-12pm
- Sunday November 13 – MHRC SB Race and Development Info Session 12-1pm
- December 15-18 – Pre-Season Camp – Mt. Tremblant
- December 27-30 – Christmas Camp (Part 1)
- December 28 – Wine and Cheese! Gambrel Barn Milton
- TBD – Assessments for New Snowboard Athletes
- January 2 -4 – Extra Training Opportunities (registration and $$$ required)
- January 5-6 – Christmas Camp (Part 2)
- January 7-8 – First Weekend of Travelling Programs for Skiers and Snowboarders
- January 10 – Adult TNT Program Begins
- January 11 – Evening Training Begins – U16/18
- January 12 – Evening Training Begins – U10/12/14
- January 13 – Friday Training Program
- January 14 – Jr. Development Program Begins
- January 20 – Friday Training Program
- February 3 – Friday Training Program
- February 10 – Friday Training Program
- February 17 – Friday Training Program
- February 24 – Friday Training Program
- February 25/26 – End of Regular Programming for Travel Teams
- March 4/5 – End of Jr. Development Program
- March 4/5 – Club Event
- March – SOD Championships U10/12/14/16/18
- April 1 – MHRC Awards Banquet – Gambrel Barn
Full 2016-2017 MHRC program details are available on the NEW MHRC website at www.miltonheights.com For MHRC member information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for MHRC program information please contact Head Coach Sarah Edwards email@example.com
Looking forward to a wonderful season,
Sarah Edwards – Head Coach MHRC