This is a train to race competitive program where racers are focused on performance skiing and refining their tactical racing skills to execute on race day. Training is in a fun, competitive team-based environment with a greater focus on enhancing confidence and competence with speed, pitch and all terrain environments along with continued psychological development for success in competitive Slalom and Giant Slalom disciplines. Participants should be a graduate of the U16 program or have exceptional recreational skiing ability with a competitive multi-sport background. All 4 competitive events, including some training, are held in the Barrie and Collingwood areas.
For more information regarding the U19 Alpine Ontario Program Expectations please visit the AOA website.
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES:
- Wednesday evenings – 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Sundays 11:00am to 5:00pm (45min. lunch break)
- 8 weeks starting January 4th, 2019
- Includes Christmas Camp Dec. 27 to 31st, 2019 8:30am – 2:30pm (45min. lunch break)
- Away training days Dec 29th, 30th & Jan 12th
- At Glen Eden training days Dec. 27th, 28th, 31st
- Includes Dryland Training
- Optional Pre-season Camp at Mont Tremblant Ski Resort for extra fee. See our events page for more info.
- Optional MHRC Friday training series for extra fee.
SKILL EVENTS AVAILABLE:
- 4 race events including final with team scoring component at ski clubs in Southern Ontario in Barrie and Colingwood areas
- Optional invitational racing events at other clubs for extra fee
- Optional Alpine Ontario (AOA) skills events for extra fee. Click here for calendar: https://www.alpineontario.ca/calendar/
- Please visit our events page once the season starts for specific race information
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Program fee– the cost of the Ski Racing Competitive program for your athlete – See program fee schedule– Book before Oct. 31st to take advantage of the Pre-season pricing!
- MHRC Family Membership Fee– the cost of membership to join our club – includes all family members and guests. It supports the cost of running our clubhouse. – See program fee schedule – NOTE – this is an annual one time payment per family, regardless of how many racers you have registered.
- Alpine Ontario (AOA) Membership– AOA membership covers each athlete’s insurance and supports the sport in Ontario. You will need to register your athlete and pay a membership fee see AOA site. NOTE we are Southern Ontario Division – SOD.
- Volunteer Deposit– this will NOT be processed if all volunteer requirements are met. See volunteer details page.
- Lift Passes/Tickets– Athletes can purchase a season’s pass at Glen Eden or purchase a set of day passes based on their training schedule. All passes/lift tickets MUST be purchased through Glen Eden. See Glen Eden site.
- Mandatory hard ear cover helmet with FIS RH 2013 label and NO equipment mounts (i.e., GoPro, etc.)
- Ski goggles that properly fit to face and helmet
- Size appropriate SL and GS racing skis
- Proper fitting racing ski boot with soft flex (plug racing boots are not recommended)
- Shin/face/pole guards are mandatory
- Racing suit is highly recommended
- Properly fitted back protector and mouth guard is highly recommended
- Appropriately sized racing ski poles
For information on equipment requirements per age group see the equipment page
All MHRC members are asked to volunteer a number of hours at club events and support activities in the clubhouse.
When registering for a program, you will need to complete the volunteer form and follow the instructions on the registration page prior to your participation in any MHRC program; including dryland training. The volunteer payments will be processed at the end of the season if the required volunteer hours are not logged with MHRC.
For parents who are new to the team, MHRC is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your athlete’s development and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to run our club or host events. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn
A list of volunteer opportunities can be found here.