This program is designed to introduce skiers to the competitive side of the sport.
The development program is geared to intermediate skiers who have completed Snow School Level 3 and have an interest to explore the racing environment.
Coaches work with young skiers in a variety of fun training environments to improve fundamental skiing technique and promote confidence, self-esteem and love of skiing.
Skiers will be introduced to racing by preparing for and participating in 2 competitive skills events that combine both open slalom and obstacle elements in a fun environment.
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES:
- Saturdays 9:00am to Noon
- 8 weeks starting January 11th, 2019
- Optional afternoon training from 12:30 – 2:30pm available for an extra fee.
- Note: athlete MUST register and attend morning program to participate
SKILL EVENTS INCLUDED IN PROGRAM:
- 2 race events at Glen Eden
- MHRC race event
- Please visit our events page once the season starts for specific race information
PROGRAM FEES REQUIRED:
- Program fee – the cost of the Ski Racing Development program for your athlete – See program fee schedule – AOA registration is not needed this year for this program. Book early to take advantage of the Early Bird pricing!
- MHRC Family Membership Fee – the cost of membership to join our club – includes all family members and guests. It supports the cost of running our clubhouse. – See program fee schedule – NOTE – this is an annual one time payment per family, regardless of how many racers you have registered.
- Volunteer Deposit – this will NOT be processed if all volunteer requirements are met. See volunteer details page.
- Lift Passes/Tickets – Athletes can purchase a season’s pass at Glen Eden, or purchase a set of day passes based on their training schedule. All passes/lift tickets MUST be purchased through Glen Eden. See Glen Eden site.
- Helmet with hard ear cover is mandatory without equipment mounts (i.e., GoPro, etc.).
- Ski goggles that properly fit to face and helmet, size appropriate.
- Size appropriate junior Kombi recreational skis for intermediate/advanced skill level (racing skis are not required).
- proper fitting junior recreational ski boot with soft flex and at least 2 buckles (racing boots are not required).
- Shin/face guards are not required; appropriately sized recreational ski poles.
All MHRC members are asked to volunteer a number of hours to club events and support activities in the club house.
When registering for a program, you will need to complete the volunteer form and follow the instructions on the registration page prior to your participation in any MHRC program including dryland. A list of volunteer opportunities will be described at the Ski Racing Development Program Information Session and/or can be found under the volunteer tab on the blog or website.
The volunteer payments will be processed at the end of the season if the required volunteer hours are not logged with MHRC.
For parents who are new to the team, MHRC is a volunteer-driven not-for-profit organization. Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your athlete’s development and to get to know other parents. Without volunteers we would not be able to run our club or host events. No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to ski. We will provide training during the season and mentorship for all those eager to learn.