AOA has scheduled a 2 day camp for U10/12/14 at Mt St Louis Moonstone (MSLM) on Dec 6 & 7.
Registration will be available shortly thru the AOA website, here’s the info link: https://www.alpineontario.ca/kickstart/; registration for this event will be on the AOA Program Registration page, the same one where athletes register for the race season. Link to registration on AOA page.
At the same time AOA will also provide Officials 1 & 2 training for any parent who wants to get certified or upgrade their training. Strongly recommend that any parent who will be at MSLM with their athlete, take the Officials course as we need trained volunteers to assist with our races.
The camp details are as follows:
- DEC 6 & 7, ATHLETES: U10-U14 athletes – test out your equipment, skills and ski fitness in the early season before your December camps. On Friday you will participate in technical free skiing with CSIA/CSC/AOA coaches and on Saturday you will run through gate environments.
- Connect with coaches and athletes from across the province and get your hands on some new AOA schwag and prizing for top skills winners!
- DEC 6 & 7, AOA ALUMNI: We will be inviting some of AOA’s legend alumni including Luke Sauder, Graydon Oldfield, Todd Brooker to evaluate and demonstrate skills, encourage the athletes and coaches and share their love for the sport.
- DEC 6 & 7, AOA OFFICIALS COURSES: Level 1-2 courses will be made available for visiting parents and officials wanting to upgrade their training.
- TOP ONTARIO COACHES: AOA has secured some of Ontario and Canada’s best coaches to evaluate and guide the athletes. Included so far are Pete Metzger, Brad Lashley, Peter Craik.
- AOA PARTNER SUPPLIERS will be on site to support the skills & drills and to be on site for equipment support.
- GS SKIS ONLY!
- BOTH DAYS ARE MANDATORY… Athletes must commit to both the Friday and Saturday as Day 1 leads into Day 2. Sorry, we cannot accommodate 1-day participation.
- WIN GREAT SWAG & PRIZES! Connect with coaches and athletes from across the province and get your hands on some new AOA SWAG and prizing for top skills winners!
Athletes will come away from the Dec 6-7 Kick Start event stronger and more confident on their skis to start their seasons on-snow. Athletes will learn together on-snow over 2 days of this skill development SUPER CAMP designed and delivered by the provinces top coaches and instructors. Skills are the foundation for great racers – join AOA in building that foundation for future ski race excellence!